- Treat your White Trash Charm (precious metal) with care and it will improve itʼs longevity and lifetime. We suggest the following:
- Avoid Cleaning plated jewelry with chemicals, *instead you may gently wipe it with a damp cloth.
- Avoid exposing your jewelry to household cleaning chemicals (such as bleach and amonia). Avoid unnecessary exposure to heat as well as moisture.
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated water. It is best to not shower or bathe in your jewelry. We recommend applying perfume or other sprayed substances before putting on your jewelry.
- Store your White Trash Charm in the pouch provided with your order.
- Try to remember to remove your jewelry when washing your hands (as to avoid soap chemicals).
- To clean Gold Vermeil jewelry, buff VERY gently with a soft and dry 100% cotton cloth or a microfiber cloth.
Q: What causes tarnishing?
A: Exposure to a number of factors–including sulfur compounds in the air, moisture, salt, body oils, and other metals–can speed sterling silverʼs natural tarnishing process, turning a beautiful piece of jewelry from silver to black. Even contact with wool, newsprint, or rubber (including latex gloves) can tarnish silver more quickly. Following the advice above should greatly help.